Wild Routes gives you exclusive access to private trails to enjoy with your family and friends.
We are offering you guaranteed time, space and privacy in beautiful natural surroundings. So whether you want a relaxing walk, a quiet secluded picnic or an exhilarating run, this is the place for you!
The routes are perfect for people looking to exercise away from the overcrowded parks or public places. The variety of woodland, meadows and water frontage make this a special place to escape to. There is an abundance of wildlife to see and a 'Wildlife Bingo' activity for children to download and print.
Our goal has been to create an opportunity for you to cherish the great outdoors, safe in the knowledge that you will not come into contact with anyone other than the people you bring or arrange to meet.
We currently have an introductory offer of just £10 an hour, charged per vehicle, up to a maximum of 7 people per vehicle. You can book up to 2 vehicles per time slot, so you can meet family/friends.
Welsh Road Farm, Offchurch, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV33 9BG
The main perimeter route is a loop of approx. 2km, which at average walking pace should take approx. 25 – 30 mins. Along the way there are shortcuts and diversions should you wish to take different paths and explore. We have found an ideal picnic spot, however you can choose your own as long as it’s on the marked routes. Follow the winding woodland trail or take your time watching the swans on the tranquil lake; this is your time to relax and enjoy nature. Please check the map before you arrive.
- Book your time slot – Bookings are per vehicle (up to 7 people maximum. At least one member of the party must be 18+)
- Your vehicle registration will be logged so we can identify you
- Pick the right footwear and clothing for the weather conditions
- Load up your family/friends and head over to the Wild Routes location
- Take your phone with you
- Park in the allocated bay
- Follow the signs and enjoy the countryside!
We always welcome any feedback from your visits so please get in touch here: email@example.com
Items that are permitted
- Drawing and painting materials
Items that are not permitted:
- Smoking and other fire hazards (BBQ and open fires)
- Motorcycles & bicycles (except in the parking area)
- Hazardous liquids or substances
- Bread for the ducks and waterfowl
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What footwear shall I bring? Please check the weather before you come. Trainers or walking boots and fine in dry conditions but walking boots/wellies may be preferred in wet/damp conditions.
- Can I bring my dog ? Unfortunately we are unable to allow dogs at this site at the moment. Please let us know if this is something that is of interest to you.
- What facilities are there? There are two toilets on site, one in the car park and one in the picnic area.
- Can I bring children? Absolutely! There is so much for them to see and explore. We also have Wildlife Bingo, which is a fun way to spot birds, animals and insects. For younger children, we would advise bringing carriers, (shoulder, backpack or fronted) as the terrain is not ideal for most buggies on the market. From time to time there will be tractors and other machinery working in nearby fields. For your safety, please stay on the routes and do not approach farm machinery.
- Can I bring my bicycle? You may arrive on a bicycle but currently our insurance does not cover bicycles on the trails. Please let us know if this is something that you would like us to consider for the future.
- Can my children bring their scooters? The grass paths are unsuitable for scooters unfortunately. For a full list of what is recommended and permitted please see bottom of the page.
- Can we park on site? Yes, there will be two areas with two spaces each. Two for you and two for the next booking slot to use. The parking ground is grass and the space is suitable for cars of all sizes and 4x4. For those arriving by bicycle or motorbike you can chain your vehicles to the post made available. Plastic matting will be available for motorbikes to stand on. Should you wish to bring larger/other vehicles, please contact us (07990515960 / 07769822355) to check before booking. To ensure everyone's safety, please adhere to the government's social distancing rules.
- What if it is my time slot but there is another car still there? If members of the previous time slot have not returned when your time is about to start, then please call the help number - 07990515960 / 07769822355
- What happens if I am late or run over my time? If you are late you will only have the time remaining in your booked slot so please try to arrive early. If you overrun your allocated time slot at the end, you are potentially delaying the next booking so we politely ask you to be punctual. We suggest setting an alarm 15 mins before the end time to ensure you have time to get back to the car before the next person arrives.
- Can I bring friends? Yes, Wild Routes is a perfect space to catch up with friends or family. We charge by the car so it is no extra cost to bring a few friends or family members with you in your vehicle. For an extra vehicle charges will apply. Maximum of 7 people per vehicle.
- What happens if there is an emergency or we need help? In an emergency please call 999 and also call the number provided – 07990515960 / 07769822355 – A member of the team will be with you ASAP.
- Adverse Weather In the event of poor weather conditions please note that the Wild Routes may be closed. In this scenario all bookings will be notified and recheduling/refunds will be processed.
- Can we bring a picnic? Yes you can. There is a designated picnic area, however you are allowed to stop anywhere you wish, as long as it's on the marked/mown routes. Please ensure that you take all litter and food with you when you leave. We reserve the right to withhold permission for picnics should we see increased litter or damage to the surroundings. Open fires and BBQs are strictly forbidden.
- Is it a good site for birdwatching? Yes, from swans to skylarks, buzzards to blue tits, there are many species spotted here. We would love to hear what you see during your visit.
- Is it a good place to paint? Yes, it is a wonderful spot to paint and draw. However, it is around 500m to get to the first field and 1km to get to the lake, so carrying an easel to the ‘perfect drawing spots’ may be difficult.
- Does HS2 affect Wild Routes? HS2 has unfortunately taken some land from Welsh Road Farm. Some of the works are visible from the parking site at the start of the route, however we have designed the route to lead you into the unaffected part of the farm.
- Wear appropriate footwear and clothing for the terrain and weather conditions.
- Do not stray from the marked/mown areas and trails. Follow the signs at all times.
- Do not go in the lake.
- Do not leave litter
- Smoking is not permitted
- Watch out for uneven ground and head-high branches.
- Make sure you take your mobile phone with you in case of emergency.
- In the event of an injury, please call 07990515960.
- Covid-19: Lionheart Events will continually follow the government advice and guidance and will operate the site/activity accordingly. You can also keep up to date here: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Please do not feed or leave food for wildlife It is hazardous for them. For the protection of the environment please keep to the marked routes at all times.
Alterations or Cancellations:
Booking cancellations made by the customer must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cancel your booking less than 24 hours before it is scheduled to take place, you will be unable to receive a refund. To avoid this please provide cancellation notice at least 24 hours prior to your booking time.
Welsh Road Farm are passionate about conservation. They have been part of national conservation projects for the last 20 years. They politely ask you to take care when visiting these beautiful natural routes. Please do not feed the animals and birds, take all litter and food with you when you leave and please remember this is a non smoking site.
Take nothing but photos and leave nothing but footprints